Tuesday, March 3, 2009

American Idol Review 3-3-2009


American Idol has been really really good tonight. Tonight's show was like watching the top 12.. It's been the best group so far.

The first contestant to perform was Von Smith. Von performed "Your All I Need to get By". I have to agree with Simon. I was reminded of Clay Aiken throughout his performance. Although, I don't think he is as good as Clay.. Just reminds me of him. I wanted to like his performance, but for some reason I couldn't enjoy it. I think he will be voted off tomorrow night.




Taylor Vaifanua performed "If I Ain't Got You". Her performance was kind of bland. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't anything that stood out. I honestly probably won't even remember her two weeks from now.



Alex Wagner-Trugman took the stage next. Alex was a character to say the least. His moves were the best part of it. lol. He can't really sing that well. He screamed most of the song. It sounded like he was growling at the audience.


Arianna Afsar performed next. To be honest, I forgot about her until they replayed the show at the end. She performed "The Winner Takes it All". She tried to change an old song into a new song. For some reason, it didn't work for her. It was very bad and boring.


Ju'Not Joyner sanged "Hey There Delilah". I don't even like the song "Hey There Delilah" so I wasn't to thrilled about this. I was wrong. I was impressed with Ju'Not's version of the popular song. I really did enjoy listening to it.



I am actually a fan of Kristen McNamara previous of American Idol. Kristen was a contestant on Nashville Star(another one of my favorite shows). Although, I am a fan of hers. I was disappointed in her performance tonight. Kristen can sing. She is a really good performer. I think she picked the wrong song choice. She sang "Give Me One Reason". She just didn't shine tonight.



Nathaniel Marshall is my least favorite contestant of all time. He has been a drama queen since day one. Nathaniel just seems like a waste of air time for the show. He can't sing at all. Thats all I'm going to say about that.


Felicia Barton performed "No One". Felicia wasn't one of the actual contestants for Group 3. However, another contestant got booted so she got to take her place. I am soo glad. She was really really good. I can see her being a celebrity. I mean she already has the skills to become the next big pop star.



Scott MacIntyre performed next with "Mandolin Raid". Scott has an amazing voice. His style kind of reminds me of Josh Groban. I didn't care for the song choice. I do hope he gets another chance.



Kendall Beard impressed me with her singing ability. She has a really good country style voice. She sang "This One's for the Girls". I do hope she gets to the next round.



Jorge Nuñez performed "Don't Let the Sun Go Down". I thought it was going to be an awful performance, but I was wrong. It was one of my favorites of the night. Jorge has an amazing voice.




Lil Rounds from Memphis,TN was performing next. Of course, I was rooting for the girl from Memphis. I'm almost positive Lil Rounds will be in the next round. She had the entire audience on their feet and clapping. She was by far the BEST performance of the night.


This group was sooo good. I can't even predict who's going to be the Top 3. Although, I'm pretty sure Lil Rounds will be one of them.


I guess we will see tomorrow night! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

umgjbjgbp [url=http://ricostrong.net]Rico Strong[/url]