Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Wrestler Review



I just got finished watching the movie everyone has been talking about, The Wrestler. I honestly didn't know what to expect of it. I haven't ever heard of Mickey Rourke until this movie came out.
Mickey plays Randy(or should I say Robin lol) "The Ram" Robinson. The Ram is described as a "broken down piece of meat." He isn't as popular or healthy as he once was. He has alot of personal problems, but is offered an opportunity to have a rematch of his all-time memorable match. I'm not going to tell everything that happens in the movie because I know everyone hasn't seen it.

The Wrestler is a must see for anybody involved in wrestling. I didn't expect to get so into the movie. It was rather sad, but also inspiring. It showed a man who was so alone and depressed outside of wrestling. When he stepped into the ring, he was so "at home" , like thats where he was suppose to be.

I can now see why Mickey Rourke is getting all the great reviews. Mickey is very very real in the movie. They couldn't have got a better person to play The Ram.

If you hadn't seen this movie, you need to. It's a must see.


No comments: